Match facts ahead of #KOEBMG | OneFootball
Match facts ahead of #KOEBMG
- 1. FC Köln are currently permitted to host a full house at the RheinEnergieStadion (photo: DFL/ Alexander Scheuber), which means up to 50,000 fans will be able to attend the 13th matchday of the season. Borussia completely sold out their ticket allocation of 5,000.
- Proof of vaccination or recovery must be shown on entry to the ground.
Borussia’s record against Köln
- Saturday’s match will be the 93rd meeting between 1. FC Köln and Borussia in the Bundesliga, and the Foals have a much better record in this fixture. They have won 51 of these 93 games, whilst Köln have picked up just 25 wins, and the sides have drawn on 16 occasions.
- Borussia have beaten Köln on more occasions in their Bundesliga history than against any other side.
- The Foals have won 25 of their 46 away fixtures against Köln to date (also D7, L14).
- The Billy Goats have suffered more home defeats (25) and conceded more goals at home (95) against Gladbach than against any other team in their Bundesliga history.
- FC Köln have also conceded more penalties to Gladbach (18) than to any other Bundesliga side.
- There have only been four red cards awarded in the 92 previous meetings between the two sides (and none in the last 20 matches) and all four have been given to FC Köln players.
Statistics – presented by UNIBET
- Borussia have picked up 14 points out of a possible 21 in their last seven league matches and have leapt over this weekend’s opponents in the table during this time.
- Only Bayern München have had more attempts on goal so far in the Bundesliga this season than Mönchengladbach (185) and Köln (182).
- Köln’s forward players have had more attempts on goal (76) than any other attack in the league to date.
- Only Leverkusen have scored more goals in the opening 15 minutes of their league matches this season (9) than Borussia (5).
- Borussia have scored 12 of their 17 league goals so far this season in the first half of games, whilst 14 of Köln’s 18 league goals this season have come after the half-time break.
- Köln are currently on a five-game run without a win, and have drawn six of their 12 Bundesliga matches so far in this campaign.
- FC Köln are unbeaten at home so far this season (W3, D3).
- Köln have scored the league-highest total number of goals from crosses so far in 2021/22 (7) and have also scored the most headers to date this season (also 7).
- Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the DFB will announce the officials for the game at short notice ahead of kick off.
- Fans can follow the match on social media using the hashtag #KOEBMG or by following Borussia’s English-language accounts on Facebook and Twitter.