·31 May 2023
·31 May 2023
The Italian club will be playing in the Serie B next term after finishing bottom of Serie A.
Radrizzani is looking to sell Leeds, and acquiring Sampdoria is expected to boost his chances of doing so.
49ers Enterprises want to complete a full takeover, and while the club’s value has taken a hit following relegation, the Americans are still keen.
Radrizzani owns a 56% stake in the Elland Road club, while the remaining 44% belongs to the 49ers.
The Italian businessman is not the only person buying Sampdoria, with his business partner Matteo Manfredi also involved.
They will look to finalise a consortium and due diligence is being done with initial paperwork signed.
The Leeds owner plans to inject €40 million into the club after the takeover is completed.
Both parties will still address concerns over debt restructuring, but the process is expected to go through.
Radrizzani took partial control of Leeds in January 2017 after acquiring 50% of the club from Massimo Cellino.
The 48-year-old completed a full takeover four months later and completed the purchase of Elland Road in June.
Leeds sealed promotion in 2020 for the first time in 16 years and they hit the ground running in the Premier League, finishing ninth in 2020-21, two points behind Arsenal.
They escaped relegation on the last day of last season and were hoping for a similar miracle last Sunday.
Leeds will look to bounce back immediately, and 49ers Enterprises must get plenty of things right.
The business arm of the NFL club San Francisco 49ers bought shares in the club to become a minority investor in 2018 and could be a few weeks away from a full takeover.
View publisher imprint