5 things you didn't know about Chivas vs Atletico San Luis | OneFootball
5 things you didn't know about Chivas vs Atletico San Luis
Club Deportivo Guadalajara
In addition to the obvious, such as the fact that Chivas must improve its collective performance to beat Atletico San Luis this Saturday at the Akron Stadium, in Apertura 2022’s MatchDay 2, there are other things behind this rivalry that you probably didn't know, so here are 5 facts about it.
- The first official game between Guadalajara and the Atletico San Luis franchise was in Clausura 2019’s Copa MX at the Akron Stadium, in the Round of 16; los potosinos were in the Liga de Ascenso and the victory was for the tapatio side by 2-1.
- The first time Chivas faced this team from San Luis in Liga MX was in Apertura 2019’s MatchDay 4 and it won 3-0 at the Akron Stadium.
- 'Chicote' Calderon's first goal as a red & white player was against Atletico San Luis, in Guard1anes 2020’s MatchDay 5.
- ‘Cone' Brizuela, 'Chicote' Calderon, JJ Macias, 'Chelo' Zaldivar, 'Nene' Beltran and 'Canelo' Angulo are the players from the current squad who have scored against los potosinos wearing Guadalajara’s jersey.
- 2 Chivas’ homegrown players made their debut in Liga MX in a match against the team from San Luis; Alejandro Organista and Deivoon Magaña were the ones to do so in the season opener of the Apertura 2021.
Suwon Jeonbuk Motors Rapid Neftçi Sandefjord Rosenborg Sarpsborg Bodø/Glimt Horsens Midtjylland Celje Bravo Skalica Podbrezová FC Copenhagen Randers Ulsan Daegu Kickers Emden Havelse Maqtaaral Taraz Kaspiy Akzhayik Baník Zlín Ballymena Utd Glenavon Carrick Newry City Crusaders Dungannon Teplice Bohemians 1905 Zbrojovka Mladá Boleslav Coleraine FC Cliftonville Aalesund Haugesund Kairat Atyrau