Monaco’s CEO evokes ‘difficult’ N’Golo Kanté deal | OneFootball

Monaco’s CEO evokes ‘difficult’ N’Golo Kanté deal | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: Get French Football News

Get French Football News

·29 agosto 2025

Monaco’s CEO evokes ‘difficult’ N’Golo Kanté deal

Immagine dell'articolo:Monaco’s CEO evokes ‘difficult’ N’Golo Kanté deal

AS Monaco have already added one World Cup winner to their squad this summer and they have been linked with adding another.

As per a report from L’Équipe, France international N’Golo Kanté (34) is open to leaving Al-Ittihad and returning to Europe. The publication added that he had been offered to two Ligue 1 clubs, neither of whom have closed the door to the former Leicester City and Chelsea man’s arrival.


OneFootball Video


Paris FC and Monaco are the two clubs that have been offered the opportunity to sign Kanté. Speaking at the UEFA Champions League draw in the Principality on Thursday, Les Monégasques’ CEO, Thiago Scuro, evoked a move for the Frenchman.

“It is a very difficult deal. We already have a very good team, well-balanced. He is a great player, but at this point, there is nothing,” he told Canal Plus.

If the Brazilian suggested that a move for Kanté may be difficult then, his words in the mixed zone just moments later seemingly put the rumours to bed. “It’s not a possibility,” said Scuro. In Pogba, Monaco already have a World Cup-winner, but seeing another land in the Principality before the transfer deadline looks highly unlikely.

Visualizza l' imprint del creator