
The Football Faithful
·29 de agosto de 2025
Newcastle boss Howe delivers Nick Woltemade transfer update

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsThe Football Faithful
·29 de agosto de 2025
Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe says the club is progressing well with their club-record transfer for Nick Woltemade.
The Magpies are closing in on a deal for the striker after reaching an agreement with Stuttgart, which is reportedly worth up to £69 million including add-ons.
Bayern Munich had been interested in signing Woltemade, but could not agree on a transfer fee, allowing Newcastle to swoop in.
It’s a major boost for Howe and the club, who have endured a massively frustrating window in which they have missed out on numerous transfer targets.
“Not too much [to say] but positive signs, I think things are moving and developing in good way at the moment,” Howe said at Friday’s press conference. “Can’t confirm anything but fingers crossed.”
Newcastle are unlike to be able to register Woltemade in time for Saturday’s late afternoon clash with Leeds United in the Premier League. New signings have to be registered a full 24 hours before the first kickoff of the gameweek in order to be eligible to play.
“I don’t think that’s possible, due to lots of reasons I don’t understand,” Howe added. “The most important thing is that we try and bring a centre-forward in, that’s what we’ve been working towards all summer so hopefully we’re getting closer.”
Woltemade’s signing could be the first step towards Alexander Isak leaving St James’ Park. The Sweden international has been trying to engineer a move to Liverpool, but Newcastle want to sign two new forwards before even considering a sale.
“It’s difficult for me to give you any sort of clarity on the future,” Howe said on Isak’s situation. “I’ve said before, I don’t know what the future holds in that respect because I’m not involved with it myself. I’ve got no update and I’m just focusing on bringing players into the club.”
En vivo