🦁 West Ham win Molineux thriller; Everton held by Crystal Palace

Logo: OneFootball


Dan Burke

Article image: https://image-service.onefootball.com/crop/face?h=810&image=https%3A%2F%2Fwp-images.onefootball.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F10%2F2021%2F04%2Fimago1001974283h-1000x552.jpg&q=25&w=1080

Easter Monday provided us with two more Premier League fixtures to round off the weekend.

Here’s what happened …

Lingard on fire as Hammers go fourth

Wolves 2
West Ham 3
Full time

Scorers: Dendoncker 44′, Fábio Silva 68′; Lingard 6′, Fornals 15′, Bowen 38′

West Ham are up to fourth in the Premier League after a thrilling win away at Wolves.

David Moyes’s men went in front after just six minutes, with Jesse Lingard running from inside his own half to score a brilliant solo goal.

It was soon 2-0. After more brilliant work from Lingard in the corner, the ball found its way to Pablo Fornals, who found the bottom corner of the net.

Seven minutes before half-time it was three. Lingard was again the architect and this time it was finished off by Jarrod Bowen, on as a substitute for the injured Michail Antonio.

But Wolves pulled one back just before the break, when Adama Traoré’s cross into the box was headed home by Leander Dendoncker.

Tomáš Souček thought he’d made it 4-1 to the Hammers in the second half, but his goal was correctly ruled out for handball.

Wolves then got it back to 3-2, when half-time substitute Fábio Silva finished low into the bottom corner with just over 20 minutes remaining.

But the Hammers were able to hold onto three points which keep their Champions League dream alive.

Super-sub Batshuayi dents Everton’s European hopes

Everton 1
Crystal Palace 1
Full time

Scorers: James Rodríguez 56′; Batshuayi 86′

Everton lost more ground in the race for European football after conceding a late equaliser to Crystal Palace at Goodison Park.

After missing numerous chances in the first half, the hosts finally broke the deadlock early in the second, when James Rodríguez finished brilliantly at the near post.

But Palace went in search of an equaliser and with 86 minutes on the clock they got one, when substitute Michy Batshuayi found the bottom corner of Robin Olsen’s goal with a precise finish.

Almost immediately, Richarlison forced Eagles goalkeeper Vicente Guaita into a superb stop at the other end, before Olsen had to be alert to keep out an Jean-Philippe Mateta effort in stoppage time.

This result leaves the Toffees eighth in the table, while Palace remain 12th.