West Ham: £30m forward 'the one Moyes wants' at London Stadium | OneFootball

West Ham: £30m forward 'the one Moyes wants' at London Stadium

Logo: GiveMeSport

GiveMeSport

West Ham United ‘want’ Chelsea striker Armando Broja ahead of their other targets in attack, according to Daily Star journalist Paul Brown.

The Hammers have already brought in Gianluca Scamacca from Sassuolo in a £35.5 million move and could make further additions to David Moyes’ forward line before the window shuts on September 1.

What is the latest news involving West Ham?

Ever since Sebastien Haller joined Ajax back in January 2021, West Ham have relied upon Michail Antonio to lead the line as he was their only recognised striker in the first-team squad.

However, the Jamaica international showed signs of fatigue last season, bagging just four goals in his final 28 Premier League outings after netting six times in his opening eight top-flight appearances.

And Sky Sports revealed last month that West Ham had launched a £30m bid for Broja in order to address their issues in the final third of the pitch.

But talkSPORT reporter Alex Crook previously informed GiveMeSport that Chelsea ‘just ignored’ the offer for the 6 foot 3 ace rather than formally rejecting it, giving them time to assess their own options in attack.

The Blues have allowed Romelu Lukaku to re-join Inter Milan on loan while Timo Werner has returned to RB Leipzig, meaning Broja is the only out-and-out number nine at Thomas Tuchel’s disposal.

What has Brown said about West Ham?

Brown believes Broja is going to need ‘another discussion’ with Tuchel in the coming days and weeks to discuss his immediate future and that he remains West Ham’s number one target.

In an interview with GMS, he said: “I think Broja is the one that West Ham want. They’re not the only team in for him, but everyone is waiting to see what he decides to do by the end of the window.

“He’s clearly going to need to have another discussion with the Chelsea manager to decide his future.”

Who else could West Ham sign?

A report from the Daily Mail earlier in the summer claimed that West Ham were contemplating reviving their interest in Sevilla’s Youssef En-Nesyri.

The Irons saw a £27m bid rejected for the 25-year-old in January and have been tipped to return with an improved offer of around £40m this time around.

1 of 15

En-Nesyri has registered 35 goals and three assists in 106 appearances for Sevilla since arriving from Leganes in January 2020, establishing himself as a solid marksman in La Liga.

It remains to be seen if West Ham turn to the Morocco international in the latter stages of the window or remain patient in their pursuit of Broja.

Mentioned in this article

View publisher imprint