The Bayern bosses stick to their decision: There will be no new players in winter | OneFootball

The Bayern bosses stick to their decision: There will be no new players in winter

Logo: FCBinside.com

FCBinside.com

FC Bayern has been linked with numerous players in recent weeks. Most recently, reports have been circulating that the Bavarian could make further additions in the winter. However, the bosses in Munich have ruled this scenario.

The winter transfer window in the Bundesliga closes in a week. Even though the rumour mill at FC Bayern is once again bubbling over, nothing more will happen in the coming days in terms of new arrivals. Both President Herber Hainer and Sports Director Hasan Salihamidzic stressed on Sunday that the Munich team is well-positioned in terms of personnel and that there is no need to improve the squad.

No de Jong, Zakaria or Christensen

In an interview with “Sky”, Hainer commented: “We have a very, very strong team and I don’t see any reason why we still need to do something in the winter”. The 67-year-old had already made it clear in December that there was no need for winter transfers.

Salihamidzic also made it clear before the game against Berlin that the German record champions would not be making any more moves in the remaining days: “I said this before Christmas: we are really very well staffed, we have a good squad. It’s in place – and nothing will happen there,” the 44-year-old told “DAZN”.

Bayern have been linked with several players in recent days. In addition to Denis Zakaria and Andreas Christensen, reports have circulated in Spain that Frenkie de Jong is also a candidate for a winter transfer.

Mentioned in this article

View publisher imprint