Saturday's FA Cup third round action as it happened 🏆

Logo: OneFootball


Dan Burke

Article image:

The FA Cup third round continued with a host of ties on Saturday.

Here’s what went down …

All times BST

Manchester United 1-0 Watford

Article image:

Scott McTominay was captaining the side in the absence of Harry Maguire and it was the Scottish midfielder who opened the scoring after just five minutes.

Donny van de Beek was particularly impressive in midfield but going into the second half, it was still just the single goal that the home side were leading by.

Juan Mata continued to pull the strings and Jesse Lingard was impressive in a rare start, but it was the McTominay strike that was enough for the win.

Manchester United 1
Watford 0
Full time

Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle

Article image:

Neither side were able to find the breakthrough at the Emirates and after a disappointing 90 minutes, the match went to extra-time.

Arsenal finally took the lead in the second half of extra-time, when Emile Smith-Rowe’s low strike across goal went in off the post.

And Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang then sealed the holders’ passage to the fourth round when he tapped in from close range following Kieran Tierney’s cross.

Arsenal 2
Newcastle United 0
Full time

Brentford 2-1 Middlesbrough

Article image:

Halil Dervişoğlu gave Brentford the lead 10 minutes before half-time.

But Boro equalised through Sam Folarin early in the second half.

The Bees went back in front in the 64th minute when Saman Ghoddos found the net.

Brentford 2
Middlesbrough 1
Full time

Huddersfield 2-3 Plymouth

Article image:

Romoney Crichlow gave the Terriers the lead after four minutes at the John Smith’s Stadium.

Ryan Hardie equalised for Plymouth 20 minutes later, but Aaron Rowe soon put the hosts back in front.

Only for Panutche Camará to level the scores again with a goal just before half-time.

Then it was Plymouth’s turn to take the lead when Joe Edwards scored 20 minutes from time.

Huddersfield Town 2
Plymouth Argyle 3
Full time

3pm kick-offs

Blackburn 0-1 Doncaster

Article image:

A Taylor Richards goal just before half-time was enough to give Doncaster victory at Ewood Park.

Blackburn Rovers 0
Doncaster Rovers 1
Full time

Blackpool 2-2 (3-2 on penalties) West Brom

Article image:

Jerry Yates opened the scoring for League On Blackpool after 41 minutes at Bloomfield Road.

Semi Ajayi then equalised for the Baggies early in the second half.

But the Seasiders were soon 2-1 up thanks to a Gary Madine goal.

Sam Allardyce’s side then equalised again, with Matheus Pereira netting from the penalty spot in the 80th minute.

But the tie was ultimately decided by penalties and Pereira went from hero to villain as his decisive spot-kick was saved to send Blackpool through.

Blackpool 2 (3)
West Brom 2 (2)
Full time(Pens)

Bristol Rovers 2-3 Sheffield United

Article image:

The Blades went in front after 13 minutes at the Memorial Stadium when Rovers goalkeeper Joe Day was unable to keep out Lys Mousset’s header.

But the League One hosts drew level in the 21st minute, with Alfie Kilgour getting the goal.

Then, in a mad five minutes after half-time, Oliver Burke scored for Sheffield United before Max Ehmer made it 2-2, only for Jayden Bogle to put the Premier League strugglers 3-2 up.

A victory at last for Chris Wilder’s men.

Bristol Rovers 2
Sheffield United 3
Full time

Burnley 1-1 (4-3 on penalties) MK Dons

Article image:

Cameron Jerome put League One MK Dons 1-0 up after 29 minutes at Turf Moor.

It looked like the Clarets were heading out until a 94th-minute equaliser from Matej Vydra took the tie to extra-time.

Burnley ultimately won 4-3 on penalties, with Phil Bardsley scoring the decisive spot-kick.

Burnley 1 (4)
Milton Keynes Dons 1 (3)
Full time(Pens)

Exeter City 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday

Article image:

Adam Reach gave Wednesday the lead after 27 minutes at St James Park.

Callum Paterson then clinched victory for the Owls when he made it 2-0 in stoppage time.

Exeter City 0
Sheffield Wednesday 2
Full time

Bournemouth 4-1 Oldham

Article image:

David Brooks gave Bournemouth the lead in the 43rd minute, but his goal was quickly cancelled out by a penalty from Oldham’s Dylan Bahamboula in first half stoppage time.

The Cherries then went back in front four minutes into the second half, with Rodrigo Riquelme getting the goal.

And Josh King then made it 3-1 in the 74th minute, before bagging his second of the game a few minutes later.

AFC Bournemouth 4
Oldham Athletic 1
Full time

QPR 0-2 Fulham

Article image:

It took until the 104th minute for the deadlock to finally be broken at Loftus Road, when Fulham’s Bobby Decordova-Reid found the bottom corner after a break downfield.

The Cottagers soon went 2-0 up, with Neeskens Kebano lashing a shot in at the near post.

Fulham 2
Full time

Stevenage 0-2 Swansea

Article image:

Wayne Routledge gave Swansea the lead after just seven minutes at the Lamex Stadium, before Viktor Gyökeres made it 2-0 five minutes into the second half.

Stevenage 0
Swansea City 2
Full time

Stoke 0-4 Leicester

Article image:

James Justin gave the Foxes the lead with a brilliant goal in the 34th minute.

Marc Albrighton then made it 2-0 just before the hour mark, before Ayoze Perez made it 3-0 10 minutes before full-time.

Harvey Barnes then got in on the act to complete the rout.

Stoke City 0
Leicester City 4
Full time

Wycombe 4-1 Preston

Article image:

Fred Onyedinma put the hosts in front after just three minutes at Adams Park.

It was soon 2-0 thanks to a penalty from Joe Jacobson, before Josh Knight made it 3-0 with 25 minutes on the clock.

Emil Riis Jakobsen then pulled one back for Preston from the penalty spot just before half-time.

But Alex Samuel re-established Wycombe’s three-goal lead when he made it 4-1 in the 82nd minute.

Wycombe Wanderers 4
Preston 1
Full time

Early kick-offs

Boreham Wood 0-2 Millwall

Goals from Kenneth Zohore and Shaun Hutchinson were enough for Millwall to see off their National League opponents at Meadow Park.

Boreham Wood 0
Millwall 2
Full time

Everton 2-1 Rotherham

Article image:

Cenk Tosun gave Everton the lead after nine minutes at Goodison Park.

But the away side drew level early in the second half through Matthew Olosunde.

And as the game drifted towards extra-time, Tosun thought he’d put the Toffees 2-1 up, but his second goal of the game was ruled out by VAR for offside.

However, Carlo Ancelotti’s side did retake the lead three minutes into extra-time, when Abdoulaye Doucouré calmly slotted past the goalkeeper.

And after 120 minutes, 2-1 was how it finished.

Everton 2
Rotherham United 1
Full time

Luton 1-0 Reading

Article image:

A goal from George Moncur after 31 minutes was enough for Luton to book their spot in the fourth round.

Luton Town 1
Reading 0
Full time

Norwich 2-0 Coventry

Article image:

Two goals inside the first seven minutes from Kenny McLean and Jordan Hugill proved to be enough for the Canaries.

Norwich City 2
Coventry City 0
Full time

Nottingham Forest 1-0 Cardiff

Article image:

Lyle Taylor’s excellent goal after three minutes proved to be decisive at the City Ground.

Nottingham Forest 1
Cardiff City 0
Full time

Chorley 2-0 Derby

Article image:

Connor Hall gave National League North side Chorley the lead after 10 minutes against a depleted Derby side at Victory Park.

And the hosts went 2-0 up six minutes before full-time with a goal from Mike Calveley.

The first FA Cup giant-killing of the third round belonged to Chorley.

Chorley 2
Derby County 0
Full time

Join us again on Sunday for more FA Cup action.