Sassuolo CEO admits ‘there were offers’ for Milan-linked forward | OneFootball

Sassuolo CEO admits ‘there were offers’ for Milan-linked forward

Logo: SempreMilan

SempreMilan

Sassuolo CEO Giovanni Carnevali has admitted that there were offers this summer for AC Milan-linked forward Domenico Berardi.

Speaking to DAZN after the match against Juventus on Monday night (via Milan News), the Sassuolo CEO talked about his fight to keep Berardi at the club this summer.

The Italian forward is linked with a move to a bigger club every summer and earlier in the transfer window, Milan seemed like a very viable destination for him.

A move seems highly unlikely to materialise now but Carnevali admitted that there were offers for Berardi.

“For us he is the most important player we have, it’s not true that it was a quiet summer, there have been offers,” Carnevali said.

He then went on to explain that the Neroverdi are more likely to renew his contract rather than sell him and they hope to close the negotiations very soon.

“Our will is to renew the contract, we hope to close the negotiation, for us he is a great acquisition. We have been asked for him both in Italy and abroad,” he said.

Sassuolo did not get the start to the season that they were hoping for as they lost 3-0 away at Juventus. There was a brace for Dusan Vlahovic and a debut goal for Angel Di Maria.

Mentioned in this article

View publisher imprint