·27 September 2022
·27 September 2022
That honour goes to Barcelona Femení star Alexia Putellas, who is rated 92 overall by EA Sports this year.
Putellas is the current holder of the Women’s Ballon d’Or and was recently named the UEFA Women’s Player of the Year for the second season in a row.
The 28-year-old missed Euro 2022 this year, after sustaining an ACL injury, but scored 34 goals for Barca last season –– helping them win the Primera Iberdrola without losing a match.
Barcelona Women are not on this year’s game, however, people will be able to play as the Spanish women’s national team, and can therefore use Putellas as much as they want.
While Putellas has claimed the top spot in FIFA’s ratings, cover star Sam Kerr is just one rating below at 91 overall.
The Chelsea striker was the top scorer in the WSL last year and helped Chelsea win a third consecutive league title.
Man City star Erling Haaland has to settle for a rating of 88, despite his exceptional Premier League form this season.
Here’s a list of the top 30 players on the game this year:
30. Ederson, Man City – 89
28. Heung Min Son, Spurs – 89
27. N’Golo Kante, Chelsea – 89
26. Casemiro, Man United – 89
25. Jan Oblak, Atletico Madrid – 89
24. Sadio Mane, Bayern Munich – 89
23. Joshua Kimmich, Bayern Munich – 89
22. Harry Kane, Spurs – 89
21. Casemiro, Man United – 89
20. Alisson, Liverpool – 89
19. Vivianne Miedema, Arsenal – 89
18. Christiane Endler, Lyon – 89
17. Thibaut Courtois, Real Madrid -90
16. Virgil Van Dijk, Liverpool – 90
15. Caroline Graham Hansen, Norway – 90
14. Manuel Neuer, Bayern Munich – 90
13. Marie- Antoinette Katoto, PSG – 90
12. Mohamed Salah, Liverpool – 90
11. Alex Morgan, United States – 90
9. Lucy Bronze, England – 90
8. Wendie Renard, Lyon – 91
7. Kevin De Bruyne, Man City – 91
6. Ada Hegerberg, Lyon – 91
4. Sam Kerr, Chelsea – 91
3. Kylian Mbappe, PSG – 91
2. Karim Benzema, Real Madrid – 91
1. Alexia Putellas, Spain – 92
Putellas is the captain of Barcelona and has been the standout player in women’s football for the past two seasons.
The midfielder has played for Barca since 2012, racking up almost 400 appearances and winning 14 trophies.
Having helped Barcelona win a continental treble during the 2020/21 season, Putellas became the first ever player to win the UEFA Women’s Player of the Year, the Ballon d’Or Feminin and The Best FIFA Women’s Player in the same season.
On the international stage, Putellas holds the record for most Spain caps, having earned more than 100 since her debut in 2013.
She has featured in three international competitions so far but is yet to win a major international trophy.
While this will not be the last football video game made by EA Sports, it will be the last to use the FIFA branding.
From 2023 onwards, the game will use the “EA Sports FC” name to deliver “the same great experiences, modes, leagues, tournaments, clubs and athletes.”
The first FIFA game out 29 years ago in 1993 and next year will bring an end to the best-selling sports video franchise ever.
1 of 10
View publisher imprint