Rafinha has said he is not worried about his long-term future at Flamengo, and instead is focused on the club’s immediate aim of retaining the Carioca Championship.
The Rubro-Negro face Volta Redonda in the semi-final of the Taça Rio at the Marcanã on Sunday.
At a press conference ahead of the game, Rafinha was questioned about the club’s financial situation and the effect that could have on his personal situation.
The right-back refused to be drawn on the possibility of any additional salary reductions.
“So far, you can’t say anything,” the 34-year-old said.
“It has already been discussed. There was no other meeting. Let’s wait and see what happens. The moment now is to focus on the two games that lie ahead.”
As for his own plans, Rafinha – who is under contract until June 2021 – insisted he was in no rush to iron out a new deal.
“I have a contract until next year. My representatives have already contacted me. Flamengo has already sought out this conversation,” the former Bayern Munich man said.
“But the time is different. There is still time for us to talk about it,” he added.
Since joining the Mengão last summer, Rafinha has helped the Rio giants to win the Brasileirão, Copa Libertadores, Recopa Sudamericana, Supercopa do Brasil and the Taça Guanabara.