Oliver Glasner confirms Eberechi Eze 'won't play for us anymore' as Eagles plan more signings | OneFootball

Oliver Glasner confirms Eberechi Eze 'won't play for us anymore' as Eagles plan more signings | OneFootball

In partnership with

Yahoo sports
Icon: Evening Standard

Evening Standard

·21 August 2025

Oliver Glasner confirms Eberechi Eze 'won't play for us anymore' as Eagles plan more signings

Article image:Oliver Glasner confirms Eberechi Eze 'won't play for us anymore' as Eagles plan more signings

The Austrian wished Eze good luck at his new club, expected to be Arsenal

Oliver Glasner has said Eberechi Eze won’t play for Crystal Palace again as he edges closer to a move to Arsenal.


OneFootball Videos


Eze, who called Oliver Glasner on Thursday morning to say he was ill and could not play against Fredrikstad, is set to complete a medical tomorrow ahead of a £67.5million move to north London.

The 27-year-old had been set to start against the Norwegian side, but Glasner was forced to make a last-minute change to his lineup after Eze ruled himself out of contention.

"Ebs will not play for us anymore, so it does not make sense to talk about him. It's gone,” he told Channel 5.

“It looks like wishing him all the best for the new club, and for us, it is about bringing more players in, but they will not be allowed to play in the second leg.”

Glasner confirmed the club had been working on replacements for Eze for the last two weeks, and the expectation was that they would sign someone before the end of the transfer window.

“Yesterday we got an offer (for Eze) and we said yes,” he continued.

“We knew that more or less this will happen. So, we are already looking for weeks for the right replacements, and I hope we will get this done in 10 more days' time.”

Glasner went on to say the club could not afford to lose captain Marc Guehi, who has been linked with a move to Liverpool.

“I just know if Marc leaves and is not available for Fredrikstad, we will have big troubles. That's pretty clear. We can't register anyone. So, from my side, he has to stay.”

Glasner has been vocal about Palace’s need for more signings before the window ends but said the club would prioritise quality over quantity.

View publisher imprint