Match facts ahead of #BMGSGE
Match facts ahead of #BMGSGE
- Under the current coronavirus measures being enforced by the federal and state governments, all professional sporting events must take place behind closed doors.
- Frankfurt and Borussia meet for the 94th time in the Bundesliga. The record so far tips in favour of the side from Hesse, with Eintracht winning 34 matches compared to the 32 won by the Foals. 27 games have finished as draws in addition to this.
- Following the 2017/18 season in which Frankfurt completed a league double over Borussia, Gladbach have not lost against the Eagles in five games. The Foals have won three and drawn two of these and scored 14 goals in the process.
- Adi Hütter has never won against the Foals. In addition to the five Bundesliga matches with Frankfurt, the Austrian also lost to Borussia twice in 2016 while in charge of Young Boys in Champions League qualification.
- Marco Rose, on the other hand, has never lost a Bundesliga match against Eintracht. His three games as a player for Mainz all ended as a draw, while he has won twice and drawn once as coach.
Statistics – presented by UNIBET
- The Foals are undefeated in three league matches, picking up seven points. This run has included victories against FC Schalke 04 (3-0) and SC Freiburg (2-1) as well as a draw against Hertha BSC (2-2).
- Borussia have already drawn ten games this campaign, twice as many as in the whole of last season.
- Lars Stindl scored his twelfth goal of the Bundesliga season last matchday, beating his best of 11 in 2016/17. However, the captain will miss the Frankfurt game with injury.
- The Foals have picked up 40 points so far this season, 13 less than at the same point last season. Frankfurt’s total of 53 puts them in fourth place, the same as the Foals were last campaign.
- The side from Hesse are having the best season in their history up to this point: 53 points from 28 matches is a new club record (using three points for a win for all seasons).
- Eintracht have lost just one of their last 17 Bundesliga matches, falling to a 2-1 defeat in Bremen on matchday 23. In their most recent seven matches, they have beaten Bayern, Dortmund and Wolfsburg among others while also holding Leipzig to a draw.
- Frankfurt picked up points against Wolfsburg last time out, making it the twelfth time this season that they have come from behind to do so (four wins, eight draws) - that is more than any other team.
- Andre Silva scored against Wolfsburg to increase his tally to 23 for the season. The Portuguese is now just three goals away from Eintracht's single-season goals record of 26, held by Bernd Hölzenbein since 1976/77.
- The DFB will confirm the officials on the day of the match, due to the coronavirus measures in place.
- Fans can follow the match on social media using the hashtag #BMGSGE or by following Borussia’s English-language account on Facebook and Twitter.