Man Utd, PSG, Barcelona: Which football team has the highest wage bill? | OneFootball
Man Utd, PSG, Barcelona: Which football team has the highest wage bill?
The 2022/23 season has been an unmitigated disaster for Manchester United thus far.
Last Saturday evening, Erik ten Hag’s tasted defeat in the Premier League for the second consecutive match – and it really was a demolition job.
After losing 2-1 to Brighton, United travelled to Brentford in search of three points, but were instead on the receiving end of a 4-0 thrashing.
Goals from Josh Dasilva, Mathias Jensen, Ben Mee and Bryan Mbeumo condemned the Red Devils to one of the most humiliating defeats in their long history.
What makes United’s demise in recent years even worse is the fact that the club have been spending a ridiculous amount of money throughout the course of it.
They spent £85 million on club captain Harry Maguire and are currently paying some of their failing stars a ridiculous amount of money.
And when we say ridiculous, we mean it.
According to data collected by Capology for FBREF, United have the highest wage bill of any Premier League team – and the fifth highest in the world.
Check out the figures…
The 20 teams with the highest wage bills in world football
20. Crystal Palace | £1,333,846 per week | £69,360,000 per year
19. Aston Villa | £1,390,000 per week | £72,280,000 per year
18. Leicester City | £1,412,885 per week | £73,470,000 per year
17. Sevilla | £1,464,590 per week | £76,158,671 per year
16. AS Roma | £1,520,038 per week | £79,041,999 per year
15. Borussia Dortmund | £1,578,676 per week | £82,085,973 per year
14. Villarreal | £1,618,903 per week | £84,182,941 per year
13. Inter Milan | £2,103,793 per week | £109,397,236 per year
12. Arsenal | £2,125,769 per week | £110,540,000 per year
11. Tottenham Hotspur | £2,202,115 per week | £114,510,000 per year
10. Juventus | £2,503,640 per week | £130,189,305 per year
9. Atletico Madrid | £2,867,390 per week | £149,104,255 per year
8. Liverpool | £2,911,577 per week | £151,402,000 per year
7. Manchester City | £2,968,692 per week | £154,372,000 per year
5. Manchester United | £4,029,808 per week | £209,550,000 per year
4. Bayern Munich | £4,383,525 per week | £227,943,319 per year
3. Barcelona | £4,517,675 per week | £234,919,014 per year
United’s wage bill is enormous – but it’s still nothing compared to PSG, who sit top of the pile by a considerable distance.
Unsurprisingly, the Premier League has the most representatives in the top 20 with nine and that’s part of the reason why footballers are so desperate to play in England these days.
United certainly need a few quality ones to be eager to represent them before the end of the summer transfer window…
Premier League 2000s quiz: Can you name these 30 players?
SK Super Nova Riga FC AaB OB Rehden Drochtersen Cosenza Como Incheon Utd Ulsan FK Tukums 2000/Telms FK Auda Jeonbuk Motors Pohang Kaspiy Aksu Weiche Teutonia Ott. RFS FK Metta Ordabasy Atyrau Wormatia Hoffenheim II Bari Brescia Cagliari Venezia Cittadella Ternana Modena Reggina Palermo Südtirol Parma Frosinone SPAL Genoa Zimbru Dinamo-Auto Kickers Emden Phönix Lübeck