Barcelona captain Alexia Putellas wins Women’s Ballon d’Or | OneFootball
Barcelona captain Alexia Putellas wins Women’s Ballon d’Or
She Kicks Magazine
Alexia Putellas is awarded with the Ballon d’Or Trophy. (Photo: Aurelien Meunier/Getty Images)
Spain and Barcelona’s Alexia Putellas has won the Women’s Ballon d’Or, awarded by France Football for the best female player.
The 27-year-old won the award ahead of club and country team-mate Jennifer Hermoso, while Chelsea’s Sam Kerr was third.
Putellas was the highest-scoring midfielder in Europe last season, UEFA Women’s Player of the Year and also won the UWCL.
The rest of the top ten nominees were;
4. Vivianne Miedema (Arsenal / Netherlands)
5. Lieke Martens (Barcelona / Netherlands)
6. Christine Sinclair (Portland Thorns / Canada)
7. Pernille Harder (Chelsea / Denmark)
8. Ashley Lawrence (Paris St-Germain / Canada)
9. Jessie Fleming (Chelsea / Canada)
10. Fran Kirby (Chelsea / England)