Football Italia
·28 August 2025
Allegri confirms injury to new Milan signing Jashari after Gimenez clash

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsFootball Italia
·28 August 2025
Milan head coach Massimiliano Allegri has confirmed that new signing Ardon Jashari will be unavailable through injury for the upcoming Serie A match between the Rossoneri and Lecce scheduled for this weekend.
Allegri, speaking at his pre-match press conference on Thursday afternoon, told the media that Jashari ‘got hurt’ during the morning’s training session as a result of a clash with centre-forward Santiago Gimenez.
The Rossoneri head coach did not provide too many details, nor did he seem overly concerned regarding Jashari’s injury, but confirmed that he will be unavailable for selection for the Lecce clash, which kicks off at 19.45 BST on Friday evening.
MILAN, ITALY – AUGUST 17: Ardon Jashari of AC Milan in action during the Coppa Italia match between AC Milan and SSC Bari at Stadio San Siro on August 17, 2025 in Milan, Italy. (Photo by Marco Luzzani/Getty Images)
“Jashari is a great player first and foremost. Unfortunately he got hurt today in a clash with Gimenez, he won’t be there tomorrow. I think he’s a midfielder who plays in front of the defence or in a double pivot,” Allegri said when asked where he sees Jashari fitting into his plans.
Having moved to San Siro at a total cost of €37m from Club Brugge earlier this summer, Jashari remains the most expensive Serie A signing of the summer window thus far.
He is yet to make his full, competitive debut with the Rossoneri, having come off the bench in both the 2-0 Coppa Italia victory over Bari and the surprise 2-1 defeat against newly-promoted Cremonese last weekend.
Live